Adventures & disasters

the happily out-of-date adventures of Lesley

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Punkin's & Petunias


Thoroughly enjoying the autumn here in the Loire Valley. I know it is going to be hard to try and explain this, but: the light is actually different here. The sunshine looks whiter and purer, and I'm not just being poetic.

In fact, I looked it up and learned that many Impressionist painters moved to southern France for this very reason. Weird and beautiful.

We stumbled upon a chateaux that was having a county fair celebrating Autumn on their lawns - yeah! One lady was selling little bread cakes. Robbie and I split a fig cake, damn good. Also there was a cool display showing and naming the most beautiful vegetables I have ever seen.

Then we stopped at a field of wild flowers and stocked up. An amazing day!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home